Sélection Laurence Féraud Gigondas 2013

Red

France

Southern Rhône Valley

Description

Laurence Féraud owns and manages Domaine du Pegau, the iconic Châteauneuf-du-Pape estate, with her father Paul. Laurence’s expertise and strong network of contacts in the Southern Rhône Valley give her access to top-quality fruit and wines, which she selects and bottles under her negociant label, “Selection Laurence Féraud”. This range consistently deliver outstanding value and some of the best wines in the region.

Tasting Notes: Offers concentrated dark fruit aromas on the nose. Medium to full-bodied, it is big, rich and ripe on the palate, with a long, lingering finish.

Serve With: Excellent with strong cheeses, red meats or portabello mushrooms, it can also stand up to game and richly flavored stews.

Additional information

Country

Region

Appellation

Gigondas AOP

Variety

Vintage

Wine Type

UPC

097871008167

Case Code

10097871008164

Composition

80% Grenache, 15% Syrah, 5% Mourvèdre.

Viticulture

From vines averaging 50+ years in age planed in stony, clay/limestone/sandstone-based soils.

Winemaking

The Grenache was not de-stemmed, the Syrah and Mourvèdre were fully de-stemmed. Long, slow 30 day fermentation in traditional concrete cuves. 60% was aged 1 year in foudres/demi-muids, the other 40% was matured in tank.

Alcohol

14.0%

Accolades

91 pts, “Concentrated yet lithe…” – JR, Vinous Media, 9/17 (2013).

Vegan

Farming Practices

HPS SKU

SLFD022213

 

Recently viewed by you

  • Alfredo Roca Fincas Malbec 2017

    Red
    Mendoza, Argentina
    2017
  • 2km Malbec-Cabernet Franc 2016

    Red
    Mendoza, Argentina
    2016
  • Notro Blend 2016

    Red
    Mendoza, Argentina
    2016
  • Agostino Familia Semillon-Sauvignon Blanc 2014

    White
    Mendoza, Argentina
    2014
  • Cave de Tain Grand Classique Crozes-Hermitage Rouge 2015

    Red
    Northern Rhône Valley, France
    2015